Apply for TRIO SES or TRIO STEM
In order to qualify for TRIO SES or TRIO STEM, students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Qualify as a first-generation college student (i.e., neither parent/guardian has received a four-year degree);
- Meet the federal guidelines for low-income status; or
- Have a documented disability and be registered with the KU Academic Achievement and Access Center.
Applicants must also:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Be accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at KU as an undergraduate student pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree; and
- Demonstrate academic need for services.
Applications for TRIO SES and TRIO STEM may be submitted at any time, and are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Completed applications may be returned via fax or U.S. mail:
Supportive Educational Services
University of Kansas
1450 Jayhawk Blvd, Room 7
Lawrence, KS 66045
Following submission of your application, be sure to:
- Provide requested documentation after we reach out to you
- Check your email for notification of acceptance
- Schedule your intake interview with a TRIO advisor